Aphasia Center Members
Currently we have more than 60 clients/members with aphasia who attend the Aphasia Center.
- Receive individualized treatment plans based on their own communication goals and the results of diagnostic evaluation
- Have treatment 1-2 times per week in 50-minute sessions
- Many members take advantage of the IMPACT Practice Center’s complementary services in the Physical Therapy Center for Clinical Education and Health Promotion, The Tabor/Connor Family Occupational Therapy Center for Learning, Participation, and Rehabilitation, and the Ruth Sleeper Nursing Center for Clinical Education and Wellness.
- May continue to receive individual speech-language therapy services as long as the sessions are meeting the dual purpose of the Center–the member is benefiting from therapy and the students are gaining their professional skills from the therapy.
- May participate in research on aphasia at the MGH Institute of Health Professions
See video of Aphasia Center members discussing how they are working to recover from their loss of verbal communication – a condition that affects more than 1 million Americans.