Financial Wellness Resources & Useful Links
Financial wellness is an important part of overall wellness. Studies show that financial stressors affect all aspects of life and have great impact over our general health and wellness. Yet, we are lacking in any formal education regarding how to manage our financial lives. To top it off, much of the anecdotal information we use to make our financial decisions tends to come from family and friends, who are also not skilled in making these decisions that can impact us for a lifetime. Below you will find some of our favorite free resources to help you gain the information needed to make well-informed and effective financial decisions. Always feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions about any of the information below.
- MyMoney.Gov: This federal resource from the Financial Literacy Education Commission offering money management and tips for financial wellness
- http://www.finaid.org One of our favorites sites for all financial aid related questions
- http://www.studentaid.gov Financial Aid Department of Education Information
- www.freestudentloanadvice.org Excellent resource for free student loan advice and dispute resolution. Non-profit Institute of Student Loan Advisors.
- https://nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/ Retrieve your federal loan information in one database. Department of Education central database of all federal loans borrowed from any Title IV school.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): This website offers the most current federal statistics regarding an occupation’s nature of the work, training & qualifications, employment outlook, projected earnings and much more. Simply enter an occupation in the Search BLS.gov Box at the top right of the screen to learn more.
O*Net OnLine is also an outstanding source for occupational profiles. You may search this database using the official job code associated with your program of study:
- 29-1171.00 Nurse Practitioner
- 29-1122.00 Occupational Therapist
- 29-1123.00 Physical Therapist
- 29-1071.00 Physician Assistant
- 29-1111.00 Registered Nurse
- 29-1127.00 Speech-Language Pathologist
Internal Revenue Service Resources. The IRS Web site offers forms, explanations, and resources to help with all federal tax information, including education credits for tax purposes.