Professional Committees and Leadership Activities
Faculty of the Department of Physical Therapy at the MGH Institute are nationally recognized as leaders in the profession. Below are professional leadership activities and committees served by members of the Department of Physical Therapy faculty in 2015.
- Teresa Jacobson Kimberley, PhD, PT
- Standing Member on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) MFSR (Motor function speech rehabilitation) study section, October 2018-October 2022.
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Richard B. Westrick, PT, DPT, DSc, OCS, SC
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties' Sports Specialty Standard Setting Committee for the Specialist Certification in Sports Examination
- Donna Applebaum, PT, DPT, MS
- Chair, National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE), a Consortium of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), October 2015-October 2017.
- Jane Baldwin, PT, DPT, NCS
- Delegate to the APTA’s House of Delegates 2006-Present
- APTA of MA Assembly Representative 2008-Present
- Diane Jette, PT, DSc, DPT, FAPTA
- APTA Educational Leadership Institute, Mentor , 2013-present.
- Editorial Board, Physical Therapy
- Excellence Benchmarking Task Force, American Council of Academic Physical Therapy, 2012-present
- Scientific Advisory Committee, Foundation for Physical Therapy, 2008-present
- Pamela Levangie, PT, DSc, DPT, FAPTA
- Board of Directions of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), October 2015-October 2017.
- Taskforce on Admissions Stopping Rules, American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), Jan 2015-present.
- APTA Awards, Catherine Worthingham Fellows Subcommittee, July 2013-June 2017.
- APTA Awards, Subcommittee on Research, July 2015-June 2017.
- APTA’s PTCAS Work Group, July 2015-June 2017.
- Laura Plummer, PT, DPT, MS, NCS
- APTA of MA Education Committee, 2005-present
- David Selkowitz, PT, PhD, OCS, DAAPM
- California Physical Therapy Fund, Board of Directors, 2004-present.
- Elise Townsend, PT, DPT, PhD, PCS
- Scientific Abstract Reviewer: APTA IV STEP conference, International summer institute for clinicians, educators and researchers in neurologic and pediatric physical therapy, 2015.