Due to the number of questions we get about syllabi, course topics, and schedules, we've created Course QuickGuides for all of our online prerequisite courses.Download the QuickGuide to Anatomy & Physiology 1 by completing the form below.
Syllabus Overview for HA&P1-456-DL-DL Anatomy and Physiology I
Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Visit our online bookstore for the most up to date textbook and course material information
Note: The lab for this course (HA&P1 457-DL) requires separate registration.
• The Human Body: An Orientation
• Chemistry Comes Alive
• Cells: The Living Units
• Tissues: The Living Fabric
• The Integumentary System
• Bones and Skeletal Tissues
• Muscles and Muscle Tissue, The Muscular System
• Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue
• The Central Nervous System
• The Peripheral Nervous System, The Autonomic Nervous System
• Special Sense
General Course Activities/How to Plan Your Time
All activities are fully asynchronous—there are no required meeting times. Our format allows flexibility so you can fit the following course learning activities into your schedule:
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L). D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system requirements.