Due to the number of questions we get about syllabi, course topics, and schedules, we've created Course QuickGuides for all of our online prerequisite courses.Download the QuickGuide to Biology 2 by completing the form below.
Syllabus Overview for HBIO-452-DL Introduction to Biology 2
Offered: Fall, Spring
Note: The lab for this course is included; no additional registration is required.
Topics you will study
• Genetics and DNA Technology
• Diversity of Life
• Plants and Fungi
• Animal Systems
General Course Activities/How To Plan Your Time
– Self-assessment exercises
– Weekly discussions
– Mastery activities
– Case studies
– Connections project
– Lab experiments and reports
• We recommend planning several 1- 2 hour study blocks throughout the week and checking into the course daily once the discussions begin.
Labs you will complete
• Bacteria and Archaea
• Plant Reproduction
• Invertebrates and Vertebrates
• The Sensory and Nervous Systems
• The Circulatory and Respiratory Systems
• Animal Behavior and Zoology
• Ecological Interactions
A student is expected to devote 12-15 hours per week to complete readings and course activities.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L). D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system requirements.