Syllabus Overview for HBIO-454-DL Biochemistry with Lab
Combined Lecture/Lab, 4 credits
Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Prerequisites: Biology 1 and Chemistry 1.
- Visit our online bookstore for any textbook information
Note: Biochemistry will run for 12 weeks. This requires students to register for an eScience Labs account.
- Eukaryotic cells, DNA and RNA, Proteins
- DNA Replication, RNA: Transcription
- Protein Synthesis, Gene Regulation
- Proteins II, Enzymes
- Biological membranes, Signal Transduction
- Bioenergetics, Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Lipid Metabolism, Amino Acid Metabolism
- Metabolic Interrelationships, Hormones
- Cell Cycle, Digestion and Absorption
- Vitamins, Minerals, Macronutrients
General Course Activities
A student is expected to devote 13-18 hours per week to complete readings and course activities.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L.) D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system recommendations.