Syllabus Overview for HCHEM-452-DL Introduction to Chemistry for Health Professionals
HCHEM-452-DL Introduction to Chemistry for Health Professionals (3 credits)
- Visit our online bookstore for the most up to date textbook and course material information.
• Measurements, Matter and Energy
• Atoms, Elements, and Compounds
• Molarity and Chemical Reactions
• Gases and Solutions
• Acids and Bases
• Nuclear Radiation
• Alkanes, Unsaturated Hydrocarbons
• Organic Compounds with Oxygen and Sulfur
• Carbohydrates, Carboxylic Acids, Amines
• Proteins, Enzymes, and Nucleic Acids
• Metabolism and Nutrition
General Course Activities
Short research assignments related to the readings
A student is expected to devote 10-15 hours per week to complete readings and course activities.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L.) D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system recommendations.