Syllabus Overview for HCHEM-453-DL General Chemistry I with Lab
- Visit our online bookstore for the most up to date textbook and course material information
- Online Resources
Note: The lab for this course is included; no additional registration is required.
- Matter and Measurements
- Atoms, Molecules and Ions
- Reactions in Aqueous Solutions
- Electronic Structure of Atoms
- Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Basics of Chemical Bonding
- Molecular Geometry and Bonding Theories
- Solids and Modern Materials
General Course Activities
A student is expected to devote 13-18 hours per week to complete readings and course activities.
This course uses the learning platform software called Desire2Learn (D2L.) D2L integrates text, video, and audio. Before enrolling in the course, please review the D2L system recommendations.