MPAS: Mission and Goals
The mission of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) at MGH Institute of Health Professions is to prepare compassionate and highly competent physician assistants to provide leadership in serving diverse communities and the profession, foster a commitment to excellence and advocacy, and contribute to evidence-based, interprofessional practice.
- Recruit highly qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds who have a passion for the PA profession.
- Establish outreach to health care workers and veterans seeking a pathway to the PA profession.
- Prepare primary care physician assistant students to provide competent and compassionate medical care to a diverse society.
- Promote evidence-based and interprofessional practice among students and faculty in the classroom and clinical settings.
- Graduate PA employees of choice who are leaders and advocates in their practice and the profession.
- Support faculty and practicing PA professional development through graduate study, national programs, and Institute-sponsored workshops.
- Generate awareness of the value and the key role of the physician assistant in health care among community leaders and the health care industry in and around the Boston metropolitan area.