MPAS: Mission and Goals
The mission of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) at MGH Institute of Health Professions is to prepare compassionate and highly competent PAs to provide leadership in serving diverse communities, foster a commitment to excellence and advocacy, and contribute to evidence-based, interprofessional practice.
- Recruit highly qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds who have a passion for the PA profession.
- Establish outreach to healthcare workers and veterans seeking a pathway to the PA profession.
- Promote evidence-based and interprofessional practice among students and faculty in the classroom and clinical settings.
- Graduate PA employees of choice who are leaders in their practice and the profession.
- Support faculty and practicing PA professional development through graduate study, national programs, and Institute-sponsored workshops.
- Promote the value of the PA role in healthcare settings in and around the Boston metropolitan area.