MPAS: The Institute Advantage
As the landscape of health care continues to evolve, there will be an increased need for primary care providers. Graduates of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program at the MGH Institute will be uniquely prepared to meet this need.
The MPAS is designed for individuals with an undergraduate degree in any field, who have at least 1,000 hours of direct patient care experience.
Full-time students will complete the year-round program in 25 months. Upon completion of the program, they will have the knowledge and skills necessary to practice as a Physician Assistant and provide hands-on health care in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The Institute Advantage
- Fully integrated curriculum
- Student-centered program designed for the adult learner
- In-class time maximized through application of knowledge and hands-on practice
- Clinical faculty who are at the top of their field
- Interprofessional-practice education with students and faculty from a variety of health professions
- Clinical experience in world-class Partners HealthCare System institutions
Employment for physician assistants, who perform many of the same duties as a physician, is among the fastest-growing sectors of the economy. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is projected to grow by 30% over the next 10 years – much faster than the average for all professions.
And with a median annual wage of more than $96,000, you will quickly see a significant return on your investment in a high quality PA education.
For more information about the profession, visit the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
The first class began in May 2015.
Application deadline was August 1, 2016, for a May 2017 start. Apply through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistant Education (CASPA).