Learning Objectives for Level II Fieldwork
- Demonstrate entry level competence in the fundamentals of occupational therapy practice, including ethics and safety.
- Demonstrate entry level competence in the correlation and application of occupational therapy theoretical perspectives to the therapeutic evaluation and intervention process in all aspects of the occupational therapy practice domain.
- Use professional reasoning and theoretical perspectives to critically observe, analyze, describe/document, and interpret human occupational performance.
- Demonstrate professional interactions through written, oral, and nonverbal communication with clients, colleagues, families and other health care providers to promote occupational therapy.
- Engage responsibly in the supervisory process and deliberative reflection for personal and professional formation.
- Demonstrate entry-level competence in the selection and administration of assessment tools / outcome measures in evaluating, interpreting, and documenting the occupational performance needs of individuals and groups.
- Plan, implement, and justify (verbally and in writing) occupational therapy intervention in the professional practice setting.
- Demonstrate competency in all interprofessional collaborative practice domains (values / ethics, teamwork, roles and responsibilities, communication).
- Use ethical reasoning as a guide for clinical decision making and professional interactions in client treatment and employment settings in accordance with the AOTA code of ethics.
- Achieve an effective transition from the role of student to the role of an entry level occupational therapist.
Back to Top