IHP Board Chair: Moving Forward from a Position of Strength
President Jan Bellack has announced that she will retire from the MGH Institute on June 30, 2017, after 10 years of extraordinary service.
Jan will be leaving the Institute very much in a position of strength. There could not be a better time for the Institute to seek a new leader than now. We are at the top of our game and can look forward with optimism to a future that will present both opportunities and challenges as the worlds of higher education and health care continue to undergo profound change.
We have engaged the search firm of Storbeck/Pimentel and Associates, who will work closely with a search committee that I will personally chair, comprised of trustees, faculty, staff, representatives from the Partners community, and an alumna and a student.
We especially want to receive broad-based input to the search process from the full IHP community, and as such will be surveying alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the Institute.
Over the next few months we will take time to reflect on the progress we’ve made with Jan’s leadership, and determine what qualities we wish to seek in the next president to continue to advance the Institute and its impact. During the fall, we will cast a wide net to attract a strong pool of candidates. Once a small a group of finalists is chosen, we will invite them to campus to provide an opportunity for the IHP community to meet the candidates through interviews and an open town meeting.
The search committee will collect feedback from the community, review all information, and then forward its recommendation to the Board of Trustees. Our hope is to have finalists identified by early next year, and a new president in place July 1, 2017.
I am confident we are well poised for a new era of leadership and continued success, and look forward to your participation in the process.
George E. Thibault, MD
Chair, Board of Trustees
Your Comments Are Welcome
Please send a confidential email with your thoughts, ideas, and comments to Chuck Bunting, Consulting Partner, Storbeck/Pimental and Associates.
Presidential Search Committee
- George E. Thibault, MD, Chair
- Peter D’Arrigo, Trustee
- Regina Doherty, Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy
- Roya Ghazinouri, PT ’99, DPT ’07 Alumna
- Jordan Green, Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Matina Horner, Honorary Trustee and former Board Chair
- Jeanette Ives Erickson, Trustee, Senior VP for Patient Care Services & Chief Nurse, MGH, and DNP ’11 Alumna
- Oswald “Oz” Mondejar, Former Trustee and Senior VP for Mission and Advocacy, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital/Partners Continuing Care
- Patrice Nicholas, Professor of Nursing and Chair, Faculty Senate
- José de Jesus Rivera, Trustee
- Valerie Rucker, DPT ’18, Student
- Jorge Sanchez de Lozada, Director of Technology and Web Services
- Paul Anderson, Chief Academic Officer, Senior Vice President of Research, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Audrey Tanner, Dean of Enrollment Services
- Debra Weinstein, Trustee and VP for Graduate Medical Education, Partners HealthCare
- Elizabeth Pipes, Executive Assistant to the President and Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees, staff support