All IHP faculty, staff, and students must receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot by March 1, 2022 if they completed their primary COVID-19 vaccine series (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson) before August 1, 2021. Those who completed their primary vaccine series on or after August 1, 2021 must receive a booster shot by June 30, 2022.
All Institute students in academic programs scheduled to be on campus are required to submit their proof of COVID-19 vaccination into their Complio account. In addition, students are required to receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. For guidance on how to populate your Complio account, visit the IHP’s Immunization and Certification page.
Students in need of a COVID-19 vaccine/booster can utilize:
- MGB COVID Pass: After completing a daily asymptomatic attestation survey through COVID Pass, students can proceed with scheduling their appointment at an MGB affiliated location.
- Mass.gov: Students can use the state’s COVID-19 Vaccine Finder to find a convenient vaccination location.
Noncompliant students will:
- Lose access to D2L (learning management system),
- Not be able to participate in clinical placements, and
- Not be able to attend class on campus.
Vaccines are required of all employees unless you have a religious or medical exemption. In addition, faculty and staff are required to receive their booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. If you have questions about the vaccine or want to discuss your vaccine concerns, MGB has developed guidance to help answer questions.
The IHP community can schedule COVID-19 Testing (symptomatic and asymptomatic), as well as COVID-19 vaccination booster doses, through the COVID Pass app and Patient Gateway. Employees who need to submit vaccine documentation to meet compliance OR wish to submit COVID-19 Booster Documentation received at a non-MGB institution can email proof of vaccination to Occupational Health System Services.
Whether you were vaccinated at a Mass General Brigham site or elsewhere, you must submit attestation or documentation. All new hires must receive vaccination clearance to work from MGH Occupational Health, which includes validation of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The quickest, easiest way to get a COVID-19 booster shot is in your local community; many sites, including CVS and Walgreens, offer free booster shots. You can search vaccines.gov to find a location near you. You can also text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location. Mass General Brigham is also offering booster shots to employees who are eligible per the CDC’s recommendation. Eligible employees may schedule their booster shot appointment at a Mass General Brigham location via COVID Pass.
Exemption Request Process
- Medical exemption: those who seek a medical exemption due to medical contraindications (e.g., a previous severe or immediate allergic reaction to a vaccine or the components of a COVID-19) must complete an exemption form and provide documentation from a qualified health care provider that will be subject to review by Occupational Health.
- Religious exemption: those who seek a religious exemption due to sincerely held religious beliefs must complete an exemption form that will be subject to review by Human Resources. Documentation may be required. Email Vanessa Desrochers for guidance on this process.
Requiring vaccination as a condition of employment has been demonstrated to be necessary to achieve the highest levels of workforce vaccination and increase safety for all workforce members, patients, and visitors to health care settings.