The Office of Human Resources and The Office of Information Technology is pleased to announce that our attendance and time-off tracking system upgrade is complete and went live on February 1, 2012.
See documentation on how to use the new version below. If after viewing the screen shots you need further support or training, please contact Jennifer Burke at 617-724-3018 or email her at JBurke3@mghihp.edu and schedule a time to meet with her.
What Will Remain the Same
The steps to request time off are not changing.
You cannot request time off until you have designated your manager in the time-off system.
- Staff still need to request time off through the attendance and time-off tracking system.
- Staff cannot see a balance of their earned time (ET) in the attendance and time-off tracking system. This information is tracked in PeopleSoft >Self Service>Employee>View>View Paycheck. Staff can also find their current accrual balance information on their paycheck each week.
- Staff can see a history of their time off requests in the attendance and time-off tracking system.
Faculty are still eligible to carry over unused vacation time from the previous fiscal year and use it up until August 31st of the next fiscal year. Any carryover time not used by August 31st will be forfeited.
Upgrade Changes and Enhancements
The time-off system is now located on the Intranet – which is password-protected. You can no longer log in through IWARE.
- Screen shot of new location
- The system will no longer allow for duplicate entries of the same date
All changes for staff are reflected above.
- Faculty earned vacation time will be accrued each month on the 26th of the month. The old system front loaded annual vacation accruals at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- Faculty may use their vacation time in advance of the accrual so long as their supervisor approves it and they do not exceed their accrued vacation amount for the year.
- A new field has been added to the time-off tracking system for the faculty to see how much time they have to carry over and how much has been used.
- Administration earned vacation time will be accrued on the 26th of the month.
- Administration may use their vacation time in advance of the accrual so long as their supervisor approves it and they do not exceed their accrued vacation amount for the year.
- Like faculty, administrators see their ET in the Time-Off system.
Thank you for your patience as we completed this project. We welcome your feedback in the coming weeks as the system goes live.
IHP Attendance and Time-Off System Upgrade Team
Jennifer Burke, HR
Jorge Sanchez, IT
Denis Stratford, IT
Sarah Welch, HR