Mission, Vision, and Core Values Statements
As an independent, interprofessional graduate school of health sciences, MGH Institute of Health Professions prepares health professionals and scientists to advance care for a diverse society through leadership in education, clinical practice, research, and community engagement.
MGH Institute of Health Professions will be preeminent in:
- Educating graduates to be exemplary leaders in health care for a diverse society,
- Advancing innovative models of health professions education to improve health and health care, and
- Creating and translating knowledge to improve health through distinctive programs of research.
As members of the MGH Institute community, we collectively commit to reflect the following core values in all we do:
- The highest standards of professional, academic, and scientific excellence, ethical conduct, integrity, and personal responsibility,
- An inclusive and welcoming environment where every person is treated with dignity and respect,
- Mutual trust and collegiality in our relationships with each other and those we serve in health care and the community,
- Productive partnerships among faculty, staff, and students that support learning and work, and foster interprofessional and global collaboration,
- A connected, engaged, and diverse learning community where students develop a passion for lifelong learning and become graduates of choice for employers,
- An environment that embraces and rewards inquiry, ingenuity, innovation, resourcefulness, and continuous learning,
- A rewarding work environment where talented people thrive, and
- Accountability for our work and for prudent, efficient stewardship of our resources.
Our Strategic Map serves as a roadmap to advance the Institute's mission, vision, and core values.