Faculty and student research, publications, and awards for March 2012 include:
Communications Sciences and Disorders
- Adjunct Professor Joanna Christodoulou, EdD, is the recipient of the George E. Burch Fellowship in Theoretic Medicine and Affiliated Theoretic Sciences at the Smithsonian Institution for 2012-2014.
- Second-year student Jessica Chiew was awarded an NIH Travel Award to attend the 33rd Annual Symposium on Research in Child Language Disorders in Madison, Wisconsin in June.
- Clinical Instructor Chuck Jeans, MS, CCC-SLP, has been accepted to the one-year ASHA Leadership Development Program. He will be working on a module to help students learn leadership skills as they move into their careers.
School of Nursing
- Clinical Associate Professor Gaurdia Banister, RN, PhD, Executive Director of The Institute for Patient Care at Mass General, was named the recipient of the 2012 Mary Mahoney Award by the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Clinical Associate Professor Ellen Long-Middleton, PhD, RN,FNP, and Professor Cheryl A. Cahill Lawrence, PhD, RN, along with Lauren B. Blanchard ’02, MS, RN, FNP, and Naomi H. Amudala ’09, MS, RN, FNP, were among the co-authors of “Understanding Abstinence among Adolescent Young Women: Insights into Effective Sexual Risk Reduction Strategies” that was published in the Journal of Pediatric Health Care.
- Jacques Mohr Professor in Geriatric Nursing Diane Mahoney, PhD, APRN, BC, FGSA, FAAN, participated in two panels recently: the MA/NH Alzheimer's Association conference “On the Cutting Edge of Alzheimer's Research” on March 28, and one at the Heller Graduate School at Brandeis University on March 27 to discuss the variety of research career pathways and considerations for PhD graduates.